Thursday 2 July 2015

Who Is Worthy Of Your Trust?

Trust is a precious thing, it is a burden upon whom it is bestowed and a privilege from whom it is given. It is a hard thing to earn and a hard thing to give, but when given, it should be kept and guarded well.

There are two categories that concern trust;
  1. Who you trust
  2. What you trust them with
You may trust someone to do something for you, but not trust them to keep your secret and the other way round. Rarely in someone's lifetime will you find someone totally trustworthy, someone you can trust with everything about you. And before you wonder about how awful that is, ask yourself how many people can totally rely on you. I can not even rely on myself to do so many things, why would I expect to do so much for someone else that I can not even do for myself?  Such is life!

Infants totally rely on their loving mothers or caretakers to provide for their needs, but if you have taken care of one, you know how inadequate you can feel at times. I burst out in tears of frustration one time because I could not figure out what my comfortable looking baby wanted while she was throwing a crazy tantrum. 

There are so many reasons as to why it is hard to earn trust. Some are;
  • Bad habits like gossiping, stealing, manipulative tendencies
  • Fear; Because of insecurity that develops from past experiences
  • Being of unsound mind because of the abuse of alcohol and/or drugs
  • Unfamiliarity of the person
  • Absence of love
  • Irresponsibilty
Love calls for trust, at least a good level of it. But trust knowing it is mere man that you are trusting, so give them grace when they fail you, forgive them.

If you have earned someone's trust, please keep it well. Do well that with which you have been entrusted. If you have trusted someone, remember they have limitations, they have weaknesses, they are not you, and they are not God. Therefore, give them grace when they fail you. Forgive them and move on.

In this world, there is only One who can perfectly handle everything that concerns you. The LORD Almighty. Even before all else fails, just run to Him.

Psalm 131:1-2 "My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content."

Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands."

Psalm 84:12 "O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."


No comments:

Post a Comment