Wednesday 4 November 2015

Keeping Our Resolutions

I recently resolved with a dear friend of mine to drink two liters of fairly warm water every day. We were supposed to hold each other accountable and encourage each other along the way. It shouldn’t go without saying that I have struggled to keep this simple resolution. 

I set several alarms to remind me and reached out to her for encouragement as I was struggling but I should say I am still doing so badly. When I accomplish the task one day, I fail the two following days. It has been a cycle of pulling myself back up time and time again.
As the year comes to an end and we enter the season of celebrating Christ and spending most of our savings, let’s draw back a bit to examine how far along we have gone in implementing our new-year and mid-year resolutions.

Now for most of us this comes as a pinch in the side reminding us of how far we have fallen but take heart, the magic is never in staying on track, but getting back on when we have trailed away. 

And on that note, let me warn you that just because you have decided afresh with a zeal too promising to disappoint does not mean you will not be picking yourself up again a few days, weeks, and months down the road. 

But do not give up, our ability to persevere is grown like that. And our discipline is developed like that.
May God grant us the grace we need to follow through with what will be beneficial to us.
Enjoy warming up for the festive season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment