Thursday 27 August 2015

Vessel made by His hand

Sometimes I slip into wishful thinking. I wish for better options of myself, better circumstances, less suffering, shorter trials, greener pastures and everything nice.

But all these wishes are futile because most of the situations in my life are permanent, others are just habits and traits (guess these can be altered a bit!). I cannot change my background, my circumstances, my seasons and so many other things. It is now that the statement 'things choose you, you do not choose them' seems to makes sense to me.


At the end of the day, God, who is the maker of all and giver of all, is the One who chose to make me this way. And though I may wish for better circumstances, more strengths and fewer weaknesses, God will allow in me whatever will help me fulfill the purpose for which He created me. I am perfectly His imperfect vessel.  You are perfectly His imperfect vessel.
Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand."

That means it is irreverent to wish that I could be 'better' than I am or in a 'better' place than I am because the all-wise and all-loving God deemed it best for me to be this way.
Romans 9:20 "But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?"

We all have imperfections for some very good reasons. Most important of which is; keeping us reliant on God.  Therefore, it is wise to seek to do well that to which we have been called. God uses us greatly albeit all the imperfections He allows us to have. That should give us the boldness and confidence we need to step out and be the light of the world. It is all by Him, all for Him and all to Him.

May our Potter continue doing His perfect work in our imperfect lives. May we not resist Him but may we embrace His shapings, scrapings and smoothening. May we be just the vessels He want us to be. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment