Wednesday 9 September 2015

The Pains We Must Go Through

We all go through disorienting times, when nothing seems to work out despite the amounts of effort we put in, when things just seem to go wrong left, right and center, but even in those times, God is with us and most importantly, He is at work in us, refining us through those furnaces of pain. 

I recently was involved in a car accident, only this time, I was the driver. My front left tyre stepped over the right foot of a young man. He had stepped into the driveway without checking out for a vehicle while trying to pass a group of students on the walkway. It was the worst physical damage I'd ever caused another precious human being so it was an absolute nightmare I was wishing I could wake up from.

The dear boy will walk again in a few weeks, thank God! But I caused him so much pain. Very accidentally. 

This threw me in fits of wishes, guilt and turmoil.. I wanted to hide in another world, or rather forever disappear to it. But no amount of hiding my head in the sand could keep me from facing that reality.

We must go through our pain, we must go through our troubles, we must go through our valleys of the shadow of death...

And where is God in this? Right there with us. As we writhe in pain, He is right there with us, right there.

Psalm 23:4 "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

I can not help but thank God for the grace and strength He avails me when I am at my lowest. How else would I survive?
In fact, there are times when the circumstances I am going through are really tough and I feel like things could not possibly go worse, but they do, and I still survive it. 

So, God is right there with us in such hard times, ready to comfort and to guide us.. Oh what an amazing God we have.

Dear God, though our eyes and hearts be misty with tears and sorrows, may we listen for your promptings of guidance and may we be soft hearted enough to follow them, for your glory and for our deliverance. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen. 

3 comments: