Tuesday 26 May 2015

Serving Others

Service is a manifestation of selflessness, a form of humility that comes from wanting to provide for others or help them in any way they need.

In our world today, most of what we do is either for our benefit or within our comfort(if doing someone a 'favor'). Our culture promotes self; my happiness, my comfort zone, my time, my money, my, my, my....

Rarely will anything out of the 'my' category be worth it. 

We have lost the nobility of serving others above self, honoring others above self, or allowing to be inconvenienced for the benefit of others.

Lack of a heart of service robs us of the joy of the fulfillment that comes from sacrifice and more so self sacrifice. 

When we work hard it is usually because we expect some form of payment or reward. What if we knew there was totally no reward at the end, would we still pour our energies out?

God has given each of us different blessings and abilities. Activities we are able to carry out joyfully and passionately. Please use these to bless those around you. To serve them selflessly, waiting for no reward. Your Father in heaven will reward you in due time.


1 Peter 4:10 "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."



No comments:

Post a Comment