Wednesday 22 April 2015

Living with Pain

Life throws us quite a number of experiences... Some of these are really painful to go through, and sometimes we wonder how we will make it.
In my own heartbreaking experiences, I have often wondered if ever I would recover, but through the blessing of time, memories grow dull, and emotions get less fiery.

It pays to let go, to stop holding on to the ideals, to know that life has to go on amidst the trouble, and to choose to smile. 

I have learned to allow God to be my refuge and my shoulder to cry on. My wonderful husband too. I read God's word and pray for my sanity as I know circumstances probably won't change anytime soon. Putting my hope in God and His ability to cool me down as I dwell on better thoughts(Philippians 4:8) helps me to calm down.  

Sometimes we get thorns in our flesh that may never be removed, but we have to learn to live with them, so we may as well do and do so happily! Not allowing bitterness and anger to dwell in us, but surrendering these matters to God as only He has the authority over them.

YOU are not alone.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Nicely put; the art of letting go. The God Way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, I like that; the God way!

      Delete