Monday 29 June 2015

Going Through Unpredicatble Times

Our paths in this life are not straight. Whereas some of us are spontaneous and ready to ride with the winds, others prefer to have an idea of what is coming up. To see the next few steps. Analyze them well before taking them.

God does not grant us that privilege, He guides us one step at a time. Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path" He guides us with His word. The word of God provides us with wisdom and guidance on what to do, and when there is nothing to do, it asks us to be still, to wait on God.

So, what should you do in those nerve racking situations? Relax and put your best foot forward. Understand that everything will be revealed in due time. You do not have to know it all right now, you will soon enough. 

In the meantime, just do your part, and do it well.

I love what this hymn about the future;

I do not know what lies ahead

1
I do not know what lies ahead,
the way I cannot see;
yet One stands near to be my guide,
He’ll show the way to me:

I know who holds the future,
and He’ll guide me with His hand;
with God things don’t just happen,
everything by Him is planned.
So as I face tomorrow,
with its problems large and small,
I’ll trust the God of miracles,
give to Him my all.

2
I do not know how many days
of life are mine to spend;
but One who knows and cares for me
will keep me to the end:

I know who holds the future, ...

3
I do not know the course ahead,
what joys and griefs are there;
but One is near who fully knows,
I’ll trust His loving care:

I know who holds the future, ...

Alfred B Smith & Eugene Clarke; 1947 

Ecclesiastes 9:11"I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all."