Saturday 13 June 2015

Liberating Obedience

We all so easily profess our love for God. But isn't love for God so strongly tied to our obedience to Him? John 14:15 "If you love me, keep my commands"

I feel stuck and enslaved at the thought of obedience because I'm naturally a very stubborn being, always wanting my way.


But what does God require of me? of us? He prefers obedience to any amounts of sacrifice we are willing to make. 1Sam 15:22 "But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams."


Obedience is one thing that will not come easy because of our natural tendencies to want to be in control, to want to be in charge of our lives. It calls for letting go of our urge to control, to submit ourselves to God.


Obedience brings freedom, it liberates. Liberates us from being in control, from fear, from worry. Because you do your part, what God expects of you, and you leave the rest to Him, knowing He will keep His end of the bargain.