Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Road Not Taken

Ever wonder about the road not taken? The things you could have done and did not do? The influence these choices could have had on your life?
Ever wonder if the choices you made were the best for you or for those around you?

If you ever get to this point, remember that you are right where you are meant to be (especially if you chose wisely, rightly or after praying)
Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Know that God already knows everything you are going to do before you are going to do it. He works out everything we go through for His glory and for our good.

If you are sure you made the wrong choice, ask God for a chance to redeem that lost opportunity. He is able to turn things around for your good and especially for His glory.

I love what Robert Frost said in this poem;
The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

  So, whenever you have the chance to choose which path to take, consider wisely, because one day you will look back and wonder if you did the right thing.